Post-It Psalms

I love a good turn of phrase and I don't think I'm alone in this admiration for a clever combination of subject, verb and modifier as our culture is awash in quotes, jingles, and pithy bumper stickers! (well at least a few of them are...) You can now even buy giant sticker phrases to put on your walls so that you can always remember to "Live, Laugh, Love" or "Life is not measured by the breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away". It's all great stuff how a giant concept can be reduced to a memorable (and decorative!) sentence.

This morning I had the gift of being able to leisurely spend some time in the Psalms and, as I've been reading, I've found a plethora of phrases to pull out and plaster on my painted porticoes (okay, I'll stop!) but let me share a few first...

For you are God, my only safe haven (43:2)

The Lord Almighty is here among us (47:7)

How great is the Lord and how much we should praise Him. (48:1)

As your name deserves O God you will be praised to the end of the earth (48:10)

He is our God forever and ever and He will be our guide until we die (48:14)

I cry out to God Most High, to God who will fulfill His purpose for me. (57:2)

My heart is confident in you O God. (57:7)

Let me encourage you, when you get the chance, to go into the Psalms and find some phrases that crystallize for you the concepts of God's love, glory and care.
But as for me right now, I'm going to find some post-it notes and a pen...!

Comments

thank you becky! i LOVE the psalms!

Popular posts from this blog

A Letter to Carol Gallowitch, and Sunday School teachers everywhere

There is a man named Don Casey

Safe