Does God care about the small stuff?

It is the end of the school year madness - you know, the time where finals have been taken yet there's still homework for the class, when the weather is so hot that the year round schoolwear is just not working, and when every last field trip is being crammed in- that kind of craziness.

My husband, who is a teacher, called home, "Do you want to chaperon a perfect attendance luncheon?"
"Sure"
"Okay I'll put you down and give the slip to the office"
(one of the only perks in being a teacher at your child's school)

Our school operates on a "first come, first served" chaperon basis - obviously turning in a request ten minutes after the slip was handed out should guarantee me a spot...

...or not!

The voice mail came a few days later that the five had already been chosen before my slip was received...
Oh good grief! 
Wait, how is that even possible?!?
The message continued that I was, however, welcome to meet them there.
Grrr....

But I did.
I skipped my morning coffee (!) and got dressed for a luncheon - dress pants, nice blouse, jewelry, the whole nine yards and much too warmly for the summer day that's predicted.

Arriving at the place I discover that it is not a luncheon but a FIELD DAY!! An 800 children running around in a big grassy area, music blaring, volleyball net and snow cone kind of field day. It was a fantastic idea but I was way overdressed!

And it was okay because I was able to leave.  Had I ridden the bus I would have still be overdressed but I would have also been stuck there.
As I walked to the car I realized, anew, that God is in the small stuff. Our trust in Him does not need to be limited to the "big" things but that He is involved in all the details of our lives.

God looks out for His children.
Isn't that such a comfort?

He takes care of me even though that may not be immediately apparent.

I was so frustrated about being slighted for this trip and here I see how God has worked it all out for my good just as He's promised.

"And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose." Romans 8:28 RSV

"The steps of the godly are directed by the Lord. He delights in every detail of their lives" Psalm 37:23NLT

I am now home, in casual clothes, drinking a very large iced coffee and taking care of the other things that needed to be done today and I am writing, to you, because I have this evidence I have to share - YES, yes, God does care about the small stuff and as He was faithful to remind me of that today I want to encourage you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

There is a man named Don Casey

Friends

Safe