Wrapped in Love

It was o'dark thirty and I was shuffling down the hall with a severe case of "I can't believe the alarm went off already... do I really need to get up... I am so tired…" brain fog.  

As I stumbled along I was tying on my robe. The plush fabric brushed against my skin and again, for the umpteenth time, I was amazed at its softness.

The robe had been a spur-of-the-moment impulse buy after I'd run my hand over the open sample spot to feel the texture. I had no idea what I was in for.
It's long and thick and unbelievably soft. 

It is amazing, and I've come to that conclusion numerous times. All the prior experience and expectation do not prepare me for the sensation each time I am wrapped in it.  It is always greater than I imagine. 

I find this true of the love of Jesus. No matter what I read about Jesus’ love, or hear it expressed musically, or remember it from my own history - however spectacular - it does not compare to the experience of being wrapped in the care of my Savior. 

I think in Ephesians 3:16-21 Paul is trying to express something similar. 
(Amplified version)May He grant you out of the riches of His glory, to be strengthened and spiritually energized with power through His Spirit in your inner self, [indwelling your innermost being and personality],so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through your faith. 
And may you, having been [deeply] rooted and [securely] grounded in love, be fully capable of comprehending with all the saints (God’s people) the width and length and height and depth of His love [fully experiencing that amazing, endless love];and [that you may come] to know [practically, through personal
experience] the love of Christ which far surpasses [mere] knowledge [without experience], that you may be filled up [throughout your being] to all the fullness of God [so that you may have the richest experience of God’s presence in your lives, completely filled and flooded with God Himself].
Now to Him who is able to [carry out His purpose and] do superabundantly more than all that we dare ask or think [infinitely beyond our greatest prayers, hopes, or dreams], according to His power that is at work within us, to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations forever and ever. Amen.
May you also know today this all encompassing, strengthening, and sustaining love of God.

Comments

Doug Blair said…
How important to identify the loving presence of Jesus in the passing everyday occurrences. He desires to be that close and that relevant. When we stop to meditate on the immediate, we receive more of the knowledge of God. Not knowledge about Him, but rather His very own light, life and love imparted (Ephesians 1).

Popular posts from this blog

There is a man named Don Casey

Friends

Safe