Pressure Points and Healing


Nothing beats a good masseuse or chiropractor. You know, it's that feeling, when they put their hand exactly on a spot, and you suddenly realize "a ha!", that's the cause of my problem and stress. And then they work their magic and the knot is gone, the muscle relaxed, or the area adjusted. Ah...hurts so good....

What about when God puts his finger on a place in our heart that needs some work: that "ouch", that's a tender spot feeling...?

Hurts so good?

Recently God put his finger on an attitude I had and there was the immediate recognition that this is not the way it should be, and I have to do something about it.
I didn't want to, thinking I was justified in how I felt, but that didn't change the fact that it wasn't right...

By God's grace however I've realized what a blessing it is in itself to have God reach down into my heart and exert some pressure and say, "This is not right. There is a problem here".

He is not leaving me where I am.
He is adjusting me so that I am more like His Son and better able to bring Him honor; which is ultimately His plan and what I desire.

And I am sure of this, that He who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ. Phil. 1:6

Hurts so good...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Letter to Carol Gallowitch, and Sunday School teachers everywhere

There is a man named Don Casey

Safe