God is...

everywhere.
The big word is omnipresent - all present, everywhere, at the exact same time. I wish I could do that. I find that God is everywhere greatly comforting when I pray. That while I cannot be in the OR waiting room with a friend, God is. While I cannot be with my kids who are sleeping away from home tonight, God is. For all the situations where I wish my physical presence could be to be a comfort, God is there.

And God is all powerful - omnipotent. So even if I could be in the hospital, at camp, physically present in the situation; it doesn't mean I have the ability to do what is needed there, but God does.

God knows it all - He is omniscient -even if I could be present and have the ability, I don't know what the best thing is to do. God does. He knows our hearts. He knows the plans He has for us. He knows what to do.

God never changes - He is immutable. Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever. All the promises He made to his children as recorded in the Bible are there for me. When He's promised to meet all my needs it will always be true, and not only my needs but yours as well.

And all these things - these attributes of God - are available to me when I pray.
If I cannot be with you in the situation I pray that God will be and because He is everywhere, powerful, wise and unchanging - what more could we possibly ask for each other?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Letter to Carol Gallowitch, and Sunday School teachers everywhere

There is a man named Don Casey

Being a parent and Chuck E Cheese tokens