I want to be a plumeria tree

Here in Hawaii these trees are everywhere - and I literally mean everywhere! Each tree is filled with these aromatic flowers, even the newest of trees only several feet high have just a few leaves but a lot of flowers. The flowers themselves are beautiful and they have a wonderful delicate scent but there's another reason I want to be like a plumeria tree.

Around the base of every plumeria, you will find flowers fallen off it's branches. These are not dead withered up flowers but beautiful whole blossoms. It's a simple thing, wherever you go, to find a perfect one lying in the grass to put behind your ear for both that tropical look and an occasional sweet perfumed whiff as you move your head.

The Bible says that out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks (Matthew 12:34,35) and that out of the good treasure of the heart good things come forth.

I want my heart to be like a plumeria tree - full of good treasure and beautiful things. To "fix (my)your thoughts on what is true and honorable and right. Think about things that are pure and lovely and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise." (Philippians 4:8)
If my heart is filled with such thoughts the words that fall from my lips onto the ears of others will be beautiful and fragrant.
"May the words of my mouth and the mediatation of my heart be acceptable in Thy sight O Lord, my strength and my redeemer" Psalms 19:14

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Letter to Carol Gallowitch, and Sunday School teachers everywhere

There is a man named Don Casey

Being a parent and Chuck E Cheese tokens