Celebrate Today!

My girlfriend sent me an "Treat Yourself Cupcake Kit". In it is everything I need - cute fluted ramekins, special individual cupcake mixes, frosting, sprinkles and even candles! I am never more that 30 seconds away from a fresh baked cupcake! Hooray!

We've been talking about the need to celebrate every day or if not to celebrate the entire day to at least find something in the day worth celebrating.
As a planner I am always aware of what is coming up next but in looking ahead I tend to lose the present. This is it. This is life. I need to stop waiting for it to start and realize that I'm in the middle of it right now! How I spend my hours today will add up to how my life is spent for life is made up of what I do with my hours.

We of course do not know how many hours we have left, whether it be hundreds or thousands or merely dozens. We have all experienced either with ourselves or those we love the sudden heart attack, accident or injury that in an instant changed the status quo forever. I have friends who are mourning the loss of a baby after only eleven days on this earth, only a couple hundred hours did he grace their lives with his physical presence although he'll be remembered forever. But why is it that we think our lives and the lives of those we love will continue on, as they are right now, indefinitely?

We may not have years to celebrate so why not celebrate today?

Celebrate the sunshine after a week of rain, or the surprising warm temperatures after a chilly spell.
Celebrate the car that, although not new, works and gets you where you need to be.
Celebrate the friends that encourage you and the technology of the Internet that lets you keep in touch with them.
Celebrate the dirty dishes that show we've had food to enjoy, and a messy house made that way by our surrounding family.
Celebrate that you had the strength and ability to get out of bed this morning even though it may not be as enthusiastically as it has in years past, you are still on your feet.

And if nothing else each day we can celebrate the fact that God pours out his loving kindness on us as His mercies are new each morning. (Lamentations 3:23) No matter how rough the day we are never without His attending presence and care. (Hebrews 13:5)

So as I am never more than a minute away from a celebratory cupcake nor are we ever more than a moment away from realizing there are things to be grateful for and cause to celebrate!

So let's celebrate, today!

And if you'd like to add your own personal size cupcake to the celebration:
1/4 c cake mix
1 tsp. pudding mix
1 tsp. powdered egg whites
1 TB water
1 TB oil
Mix well, place in greased ramekin or mug. Microwave 30 seconds. Let cool a minute.
Top with frosting, ice cream, or whipped cream and enjoy while still warm.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Letter to Carol Gallowitch, and Sunday School teachers everywhere

There is a man named Don Casey

Friends