not thirsty


"They were not thirsty when He led them through the desert. He divided the rock, and water gushed out for them to drink." Isaiah 48:12

They should have been thirsty. They were going through a desert!
But they were not thirsty because God was leading them through this desolate place.

Where God leads He provides.
When He leads through desolate places, He satisfies our needs.
The provision for our needs may come from unexpected places - in this case He split open a rock and water gushed out for his children but the bottom line is that they were not thirsty; their needs were met.

I find amazing comfort in this simple sentence.

I know that God is the same yesterday, today, and forever (Hebrews 13:8) and He's promised to meet my needs (Phil. 4:13) therefore whatever desolate place I am in, He can satisfy my thirst there. If He has lead me to a dry and barren place He will provide for me and I, also, will be not thirsty.

The Lord will guide you continually, watering your life when you are dry and keeping you healthy, too. You will be like a well-watered garden, lke an ever-flowing spring. Isaiah 58:11

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Letter to Carol Gallowitch, and Sunday School teachers everywhere

There is a man named Don Casey

Friends