Anticipation

It has been said that anticipation is half the fun and I believe it!


When you know that something is coming up that is great, all the days leading up to it are bathed in that light. They become better because there is the anticipation of something wonderful ahead.


 I’m getting ready to go away with a couple girlfriends for a few days and although my to-do lists are full of things to get ready for my family while I’m away; my thoughts are full of the fun we’re going to have on our trip.


Body and labor here,  but a mind with an eye to the future. 


 Josh Bates said it well in his song King Of Glory: “Imagine a day when our faith is replaced with a glorious sight; of angels in chorus as You stand before us in perfect light. We will join in the anthem of praise, with every breath we will say, “King of Glory you are worthy. Take my hands, take my feet, take my voice as I sing  Lord of Heaven, Hallelujah!” 


Imagine a day when our faith is replaced by sight. Imagine when the truth of I Peter 1:8 is finally fulfilled- You love him even though you have never seen him. Though you do not see him now, you trust him; and you rejoice with a glorious, inexpressible joy. 


We are still here, yet may the anticipation of that day bring joy to our journey!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

There is a man named Don Casey

Friends

Safe