While Life is Not a Snapshot...

http://www.cartoonaday.com
Today provides us an excellent and unique opportunity to stop, and take a snapshot of our lives.

 Leap Day - as you know we get this "extra" day once every four years.  Where were you four years ago?
 Who were you on that date?
Who are you now?
 Who do you hope to be on February 29,2016??

While, personally, adding four years to my age is a sobering thing (!) the real question is what else will I have added to my life beyond an accumulation of days?

 And, if I know what I would like to add, how do I go about doing that?
 Maria Edgeworth offers an answer "If we take care of the moments, the years will take care of themselves".
Andy Stanley also tackles this question in his book, The Principle of the Path: How to get from where you are to where you want to be saying that our direction and not our intention determines our destination.

Where do I want to be? How do I get there? By taking care of the moments, for they are all that we truly have.  We have no promise of tomorrow- a truth that has been slammed home for each of us by the loss of those we've loved.  We don't know which will be the last good-bye - or the last hello.

If on this day - February 29th - the only moment I have is right now - I must chose to spend it wisely.

It's the Seasons of Love song from  Rent of having 525, 600 minutes a year.
or - to make it more accessible a thought...

The realization that you have an account into which 1440 minutes are placed a day. They cannot be saved, loaned, borrowed or bartered; they must be spent. How will you invest them? On what will you spend the moments God's given you on this leap year day?

Where is the wisest investment of your time? There are only two things that last forever; the Word of God and people. What does this say about what we should be doing with our moments?

May your moments this day, my dear friends, bring your great returns!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

There is a man named Don Casey

Friends

Safe