Promises, Promises

Psalms 57:2 I cry out to God Most High
to God who will fulfill His purpose for me.


Psalms 57:7 My heart is confident in you O God,
no wonder I can sing your praises


Psalms 33:4 For the word of the Lord holds true
and everything He does is worthy of our trust


Psalms 33:11 But the Lord's plans stand firm forever;
His intentions can never be shaken.


The winter started off brutal and then in mid-January it was suddenly warm and the bulbs, beguiled by this surprise, started coming up.

"No! Don't! Not yet..." I shouted to them through the tightly latched window.

They didn't listen.
And then, as winter does, it came back and it was sub-zero for weeks and there was snow and it looked so hopeless. There'd be no flowers this spring.

But there are.

There shouldn't be based on what happened, but the flowers are here and beautiful.

The promise of Spring robed in white and yellow.


The Psalms send the same message as the daffodils.


No matter what I see or think, no matter what happens,"God will fulfill His purpose for me." "His plans stand firm forever; His intentions can never be shaken".


No matter what brutal winds blow, what circumstances shatter my hopes, what troubles pile up on me, if God's purpose for me is to bloom

at a certain time,

in a certain place:

I will.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

There is a man named Don Casey

Friends

Safe