ICE

I live in Chicago.

I'm dashing out to the car, already late, and discover that Jack Frost has been here, and apparently with ten of his buddies for no delicate design swirls on my windows, but ice that seems to be a solid sheet.

Why do I never remember to leave enough time in my schedule in this the onset of winter for scraping the car windows?

So I start the car and start looking for the ice scraper.
Along the door - no.
Under the front seat - no.
In the back seat - no.
In the trunk - no.
Aargh!

Last year I had three scrapers in my car and now I can't find a single one. Back into the house I go, down to the basement, here, there and everywhere - not an ice scraper to be seen. I don't even want to look at my watch and see how late I am now.

Desperate, I resort to the only tool I have...from my wallet I pull out a store rewards card and away we go - the funny thing is that the card actually works, not because it's a wonderful ice scraper but because the ice has softened.

Look at these verses: "He sends snow like white wool; he scatters frost upon the ground like ashes. He hurls the hail like stones, Who can stand against his freezing cold? Then, at his command, it all melts. He sends his winds, and the ice thaws." Psalms 147: 16-18

I have situations in my life that are impenetrable and I am as well equipped to impact them as I was the ice on my car. I've done what I could with the little I have and gotten nowhere but frustrated.

These verses give me hope; when and if God chooses, the ice will thaw. I will keep faithfully doing what I can, but ultimately God controls the snow, and the ice and the gentle warmth that can melt the ice, so I will wait on Him.

"My soul, wait thou only upon God, for my expectation is from Him." Psalms 62:5

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

There is a man named Don Casey

Safe

Friends