Doors

To quote that great female literary character Mama Bear, "Someone's been sitting in my chair!"

But unlike the Goldilocks situation, somebody was still sitting in my chair and there wasn't any indication that they'd be moving anytime soon. That was my chair, my comfy spot for my Bible and morning coffee...(grrrrr)


So I opened the door and walked outside and with my first step, I knew this was a good decision...By looking out the window I could tell that it was a nice day; a blue sky and sunshine, which is wonderful given the typically overcast days of spring, but even seeing how nice it was hadn't made me want to go outside...

I was forced too!
And was I glad!

The sunshine and blue sky were just the beginning. There was a breeze tickling the tree's leaves making for a soothing layer of sound. I watched a tiny tiny bird hoping around the branches above me and swirling about was still the faint smell of lilacs.

This was so much better than being inside!!

You could not have told me that though.

Looking out the window wasn't enough to get me out there, it was only when I was in a different place that I realized that this was the place,that had I known, that I'd really would have preferred to be.

In Revelations 3:8 the Lord says "I have set before you an open door..." and we still use that expression today when speaking about opportunities. Yet, with the seizing of an opportunity, is the letting go of what is familiar and comfortable and who wants to do that? Which of us would choose to go somewhere unknown when we could continue to operate in our proven realms of capability?

I find myself in something akin to a twilight zone episode, sitting in a round windowless room with a half dozen doors around the walls. Door A or B or perhaps C over D, don't forget about the possibilities of E and F...!?!

So I must go back to what I know, and the words you know too:

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths. Proverbs 3:5,6

The steps of the godly are directed by the Lord. He delights in every detail of their lives. Psalms 37:23

Show me the path where I should walk, O Lord; point out the right road for me to follow. Psalms 25:4

Who are those who fear the Lord? He will show them the path they should choose. Psalms 26:12

A or B? Do or Don't? This or That?

Every time, every decision, every fork in the road...He's promised to show us the path we should choose.

And if the door leads into a place you have not been before; remember that the will of God will not lead you where the grace of God cannot keep you.

Christ has given us this promise that, "I will never leave you or forsake you" Hebrews 13:5, be it in your everyday comfortable place or when you have stepped out into a whole new world which may end up being better than you could have ever imagined.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

There is a man named Don Casey

Friends

Safe