No Matter How Small

I’m a big baby.
I caught my finger on the edge of a metal can and tore off a tiny piece of skin, so I had to stop what I was doing and find a band-aid.

Did it really need the care and protection of a band-aid?
I thought so.
I’m sure almost anyone else would have just shaken it off and gone on without having to stop and take care of it but it hurt and it was bleeding and mattered to me that it was taken care of.

One of the things I love about God is that what matters to me, matters to Him.
The tiniest things that hurt me I can bring to His attention.
I don’t have to be “strong” or “brave” or just “suck it up and deal with it”.
I am welcome in His presence. Throughout each day the Lord pours His unfailing love upon me…give your burdens to the Lord, and He will take care of you. (Psalms 42:8, Psalms 55:22)

The Lord nurses them when they are sick and eases their pain and discomfort.(Psalms 41:3)

In my distress I cried out to the Lord; yes, I prayed to my God for help. He heard me from his sanctuary; my cry reached his ears. (Psalms 18: 6)

I prayed to the Lord, and He answered me, freeing me from all my fears. (Psalms 34:4)

Notice that there is no qualification of fears here. What greatly troubles me may not give you cause for concern; but justifiable or not, when I cry to the Lord in my distress He delivers me from my fears; when I come to Him with a wound, no matter how small, He pulls out the band-aids.

My hurts and my fears matter to the Creator of the Universe!
He is attentive to my needs!
So it is no wonder that…those who look to Him for help will be radiant with joy. (Psalms 34:5)
And all that is left then to say is; how great is the Lord, and how much we should praise Him! (Psalms 48:1)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

There is a man named Don Casey

Friends

Safe