What I know that you don't....

It’s the Christmas season, which means it’s the season of secrets!

Lists are being made and checked off: gifts purchased and quickly squirreled away from curious eyes. It’s both the fun and frustration of the season. Fun if you know exactly what would be the perfect gift and you can get your hands on it, and frustrating if you haven’t yet figured out what gift will make their eyes light up or if you waited in line for it in the cold darkness at 4 am after Thanksgiving and found they were gone by the time you got to that department…

I know things that my children don’t.
And I see them alternately wishing and whining about something they want.

I already have it for them.
I’m just waiting for it to be the right time.

It makes me wonder if it’s the same way with God.
He knows what we need, what we think we need and what we want.
He hears our prayers and our complaints as we anxiously keep asking.

If I as a parent have this understanding and ability to have these awesome gifts in store for my kids, when the time is right; isn’t it a pretty simple step of faith to realize that God might be doing the same with us?

“My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts,” says the Lord.“And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine. For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so my ways are higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts." Isaiah 55:8,9

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Letter to Carol Gallowitch, and Sunday School teachers everywhere

There is a man named Don Casey

Safe