Letting it go...


I think the only thing more prolific than bunnies are papers!! A single sheet grows into a stack overnight and by the week's end is spilling onto the floor! Where do all these papers come from....?!

I'm sorting through stuff today, stuff and papers and more papers and more stuff. I have found pictures of my kids from seven years ago, various letters and notifications, programs and brochures. I also found a stack of my mom's medical bills; rehab facility, orthopedist, ambulance services, hospitals. She lived on a fixed income and paid on them little by little and was so proud of how she'd gotten the deductible she owed the hospital down by $50 a month until it was almost gone, but then, she was readmitted...

These papers I now hold in my hand caused her such anxiety, they asked of her resources far greater than she had.
But now she is with Jesus. None of this concerns her anymore.

One day too, we will be with Jesus, and these things, these big huge insurmountable things that multiply exponentially and concern us, will trouble us no longer. One day we will see His face and be standing in His presence and all our current sorrow will be gone; inconsequential now that we are safely home.

We have such an amazing promise...

I created you and have cared for you since before you were born.
I will be your God throughout your lifetime, until your hair is white with age. I made you, and I will care for you. I will carry you along and save you." Isaiah 46;3

When we are finally with Christ forever there will be no sorrow, no worry, no anxiety, no fear, ever. We will have let it all go.

But we're here now, and holding papers filled with demands that exceed our resources, and that are the cause of tremendous stress and anxiety and fear. We can't just open our hands and let them all go...

But perhaps, if we turn our eyes towards and spend time with Jesus, remembering how He cares for and carries us throughout our lifetime, we will get a taste of that peace that is ours to come and these concerns will become like papers in piles; messy and needing to be dealt with, but no longer a stranglehold on our hearts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

There is a man named Don Casey

Friends

Safe