Will there be Enough?

You have a list of errands and a block of time...
A checkbook balance and a stack of bills...

A quart of milk and numerous bowls of breakfast cereal...

The question is always will there be enough?

Will I have enough time to do all that needs to be done, enough money to take care of all the expenses, and enough milk so no one is eating dry cereal?

While the money is worrisome, the errands stressful, and the lack of milk just a bother there are other things in our lives that it's critical we have enough of - love, patience, endurance, joy, faith.

Will I have enough to get through what I'm facing?

And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work. 2 Corinthians 9:8

This is not some power of positive thinking platitude; this is assurance. This is gallons of milk, millions of dollars, and weeks of time compared to what we need. Grace in abundance, abounding to us so that in all things at all times having all that we need...wow!

So with this in mind I follow the words of Psalm 5:3 and invite you to do the same.

In the morning O Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation.

I'm waiting in expectation to see You provide all grace at all times for all things so that I can abound in every good work. Here is my list of things to do, here are my concerns for the present and my worries about what is to come - I lay them all before You and now wait in eager anticipation to see how you will provide all that I need.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Letter to Carol Gallowitch, and Sunday School teachers everywhere

There is a man named Don Casey

Safe