Unchanging

Things change.
This is neither rocket science nor new information.
What is today may not be tomorrow.
Things change.

God does not change.
No matter how the seasons, circumstances, friends, locations, or abilities change; God remains the same.
He is constant.

If your landscape which was once bathed in sun and balmy breezes is now barren and life threateningly cold; God remains the same.(Hebrews 13:8)

If the circle of chairs around your table grows fewer; God is still present. (Psalm 27:10)

If your energy runs out before the hours of the day, if your needs exceed the bills in your wallet, if where once you abounded you are now bereft; God still supplies all that we need. (Philippians 4:19)

Thou changest not
Thy compassions, they fail not,
Great is Thy faithfulness
Lord unto me... ( From the hymn Great is Thy Faithfulness which is based on Lamantations 3:22,23)

Thou changest not - no matter what else may change - Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever. Hebrews 13:5 

No matter what changes in my life, in my relationships, or in myself I can always count on God to be unchanging; as loving and reliable as He has always been.



Great is Thy faithfulness, O God my Father;
There is no shadow of turning with Thee;
Thou changest not, Thy compassions, they fail not;
As Thou hast been, Thou forever will be.


Great is Thy faithfulness!
Great is Thy faithfulness!
Morning by morning new mercies I see.
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided;
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me!


Summer and winter and springtime and harvest,
Sun, moon and stars in their courses above
Join with all nature in manifold witness
To Thy great faithfulness, mercy and love.


Great is Thy faithfulness!
Great is Thy faithfulness!
Morning by morning new mercies I see.
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided;
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me!

Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth
Thine own dear presence to cheer and to guide;
Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow,
Blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside!





Comments

Unknown said…
Such a great truth, Becky. We can have confidence that our God is forever faithful.

Popular posts from this blog

There is a man named Don Casey

Friends

Safe