What's on your plate?

For the past few months I've been mindful of what I've been eating; trying to conciously choose what I feel is healthiest for me.

This morning my daughter, who got up earlier than I, came upstairs with breakfast for both of us; to be eaten, of course, all snuggled in my bed.

While it was delicious and so very thoughtful, it was not exactly what I'd planned on having. The bagel was delicious and the coffee was really strong and so I ate and drank because she had lovingly prepared it for me.

Sometimes God puts things on our plates that we would not have chosen to partake of; and yet, there they are. Do we partake? Do we trust that the One who loves us more than we can imagine, knows what is best for us?

Remove far from me falsehood and lying; give me neither poverty nor riches; feed me with the food that is needful for me. Proverbs 30:8

Let us be so convinced of the goodness and faithful love of our God  that we can thank Him for whatever He puts on our plates, as He knows that for us this is needful.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

There is a man named Don Casey

Friends

Safe