"I've got a guy..."

The choir director handed me several pieces of music for an upcoming special service asking if I knew one in particular, or remembered when the other soloists had done them. I didn’t and she indicated that the piece was really intense. In this stack was also a duet and another solo part in a choir number.
My response to all of these?
“No problem”

I didn’t even have to look at the pieces to know that it wouldn’t be a problem.

Because I am that good?

LOL – no, not that.

Because I’ve got a guy. And he is that is that good.

I have a voice teacher that I swear could teach a rock to sing.
He truly believes that anyone can learn to sing, on pitch and in rhythm.

I know that whatever has been handed to me, that I will hand to him and he will know how to get me from where I am to where I need to be to do these songs well.
Period.
I love knowing that there is someone who can take a musical challenge issued to me and can get me ready to face it.

And even more than that, I love knowing that I’ve got a guy who can take any challenge facing me and give me the strength to handle it.
I am God’s child. He is my father. He’s my “guy”.
Whatever is given to me, I can place in his hands and be confident that because of His help, His guidance, His power and loving watch care over me, that I will accomplish what's necessary.

Period.

"Being confident of this very thing that He which hath begun a good work in you will perform until the day of Christ Jesus." Philippians 1:6

Comments

hi becky, i have been enjoying reading some of your posts. you are such a good writer and so deep in thought... and encouragement to me.

thanks for asking us to be your facebook friend. when is the last time i saw you? at the midway airport when i was flying out to puerto rico 10 years ago? it has seriously been way too long.

our blogspot is partyofsix.blogspot.com but it is private, so if you send me an email at jovialgiant@hotmail.com i will send you an invitation to your email and you can get in.

i will never forget all the times you babysat us and told us bible stories from a squirrels perspective. you are so creative. you should write books or something!

love you,

janelle
Katie said…
Hey Becky! I just realized Janelle had a link to you on your blog - I don't know how long it's been there. I live in the Chicago area now too! We live in Carol Stream. My husband Chris is a PhD student at Wheaton College Graduate School. I wonder how far we are from you. I know if my parents are ever visiting, they'd love to see you!

Love - Katie

Popular posts from this blog

Friends

Safe

There is a man named Don Casey