Knock, Knock, Knock

"Look, I stand at the door and knock..."

He's come to my house. He is looking for me.

"If any one hear my voice and open the door..."

The latch is on the inside, He will not force his way in, he'll only come in with my permission.

"I will come in to him and we will dine together as friends" Revelation 3:20

A meal with a friend is an intimate time: for sharing conversation, laughter, the recounting of recent events; it is a time for talking and listening.

He comes to us.
He's knocking at my heart's door.

I need not storm heaven to get his attention;
He's right here just waiting for me to invite him in.

Into my life, my concerns, my daily tasks, into where I live and am the most comfortable and honest, He waits to be invited into the house of my heart, into who I really am.

I may be too busy today, or this week, or perhaps he's been waiting outside for a longer season than that as I scurry around with all that keeps me busy.

Knock, knock, knock.

"My heart has heard you say, "Come and talk with me" and my heart responds, "Lord, I am coming!" Psalms 27:8

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friends

Safe

There is a man named Don Casey