Sunrise

The sun rose over my couch this morning.

Well, not literally, but from where I was sitting that's how it appeared and that's the last thing I saw as now the sun was shinning right in my eyes.

All I could see, or maybe perceive is a better term, was brightness: everything else was washed out. My furniture had form but no longer had color. There was brightness like a spotlight across my Bible and journal. Even when I had to close my eyes I could still see that brightness, and feel the warmth from outside the window and across the room.

The light of the sun dominated, overwhelmed, filled up all of my senses - there was nothing else but the sun - it's light and it's warmth was my whole world in that moment.

The words of a song came to mind:
"Turn your eyes upon Jesus.
Look full in his wonderful face.
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim.
In the light of His glory and grace."

And these verses:
"The Lord bless you and keep you.
The Lord make his face to shine upon you and be gracious to you.
The Lord lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace"
Numbers 6: 24-26

And if the light of the sun could have such an effect on my life this morning, what would the effects be of the Son lifting the light of His countenance on my, or your, soul today?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

There is a man named Don Casey

Friends

Safe