"thank you"

I got up early this morning and made a special breakfast...
I found the shoes my son was frantically searching for before he had to run out the door...
I shopped for three hours getting groceries and then spent over an hour making lunch for people and putting them away when I got home...
I taught my son how to cook a dinner meal tonight, cleared the table, and washed and put away all the dishes...
I made several beds, picked up a bunch of clothes left on the floors, and folded scattered blankets and towels...

All of this I did today and there was not a single "thank you".

I had the ability to get out of bed this morning and a kitchen with electricity to make breakfast in...
I have children who are able to run out the door with or without the lost shoes...
I have the finances to buy food to put on the table and transporation to get it home...
I have a family to feed, the ability to teach, hot water, and a house to live in...
I have active children who dirty clothes, towels that belie summer enjoyment and sweet faces to tuck into bed each night...

Thank you Father.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

There is a man named Don Casey

Friends

Safe