Life is short

I wrote the date and realized this is the day my dad died, 28 years ago, at the age of 54.

54.

My husband and I were talking about other people this morning, a classmate who was in a car accident in his early 20's and is no longer the genius he'd been to that point, a friend who's had a stroke and will live the rest of his life without the use of his left side and will be unable to take himself where he wants to go, an elderly relative who spent the last year of her life unable to speak, the ravages of Alzheimers in which the mind leaves before the body...

I was making my son's bed this morning and suddenly clearly remembered my mom making my bed the day she drove me to college...

This month I'm attending my 25th high school reunion...

Life, as we know it, is short.
And in saying that I mean not only our physical life but life, as we currently know it, is short.

How many times have you not realized that the last conversation/coffee/dinner/meeting you had with someone was going to be the last one?


"Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes." (James 4:14)

You do not even know what will happen tomorrow.
It may the end of your life or the life of someone you love.
It may be the end of something that you've assumed will just always continue.
Tomorrow may continue on just as today, and yesterday, and last month.

"You do not even know what will happen tomorrow."

So let's live today making the most of every opportunity
redeeming our time (Ephesians 5:16) because our days are numbered(Psalms 90:10,12) and life, as we know it, is short.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

There is a man named Don Casey

Friends

Safe