Pruning and the ultimate plan

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. (Hebrews 4:12)

I have a new pruning tool and there is simply no stopping me now! This thing is incredible; it has these two sharp blades which make no stalk under two inches in diameter able to withstand it's cutting power. I'm like Tim "the tool man" Taylor let loose in the landscaping!

Suddenly the overwhelming shrubbery is not guaranteed to retain it's current location. It's not that the scraggly bushes are bad but that the whole area would be better without them. I have plans for that space that will make it far superior to the overgrown mess it is now.

And so does God.
For my life.
There are elements that have just always been there. Attitudes, speech patterns, preferences that aren't bad but they could be better. And God, the creator of the universe, is the Master Gardener. He has plans for my life that I can't even imagine (Ephesians 3:19-21).
His Word will be the sharp pruning instrument that will cut away all that should not be until I am what He has planned for me to be. (John 15: 1-8).

I'm not sure what that will look like.
Or how long it will take to get there.

But this is what I know.
"Being confident of this very thing that He who has begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Christ Jesus" (Philippians 1:6)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Letter to Carol Gallowitch, and Sunday School teachers everywhere

There is a man named Don Casey

Friends