Transplanted


I transplanted some flowers today to a new location and they are not happy.

They were very happy where they were and then their root system was attacked, they were dug up with just a bit of their accustomed soil and traveled for a day without a home.

Now they're in new soil, where they will grow and thrive and bring beauty to an area that was barren but at this moment, they don't know that; all they know is that they are no longer established.

Sometimes we find the same thing has happened to us. We've been transplanted into a new job, church, location, health condition, family dynamic, friendship situation, or economic state and we're cut off from how things used to be; where we were rooted and thriving.

Nothing is familiar, or comfortable.
We're in foreign soil.
We don't see how this is going to work out.

How will we deal with the grief, the pain, the antagonism, the demands, the weakness, or the awkwardness of our new place?
Will we ever feel again like we've put down roots and are established and thriving?

"Come back, we beg you, O God Almighty. Look down from heaven and see our plight.
Watch over and care for this vine that you yourself have planted." Psalms 80:14,15

God knows where I am for He has transplanted me here.
I want to be happy and comfortable.
He wants me to grow; in this new place and under these conditions.

I know that my transplanted flowers will fill a barren space with beauty.
Perhaps God has put me in this place for the same reason.

This is the hope I will cling too for in this place I am without roots or established parameters. I don't know what to expect or how to thrive here but I will keep my eyes and my expectations centered on Him and claim His promises to me.
The Lord will guide you always; He will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail. Isaiah 58:11

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

There is a man named Don Casey

Friends

Safe