Joy

I wrote the word "Joy" today and realized something...

The song is wrong.
Do you remember that song, "Jesus and Others and You, what a wonderful way to spell JOY"?

Joy does not come from putting Jesus first, than others, and then yourself because that makes my joy depended on what I do. When did my actions become the source of joy in my life?

"I will praise the Lord who counsels me; even at night my heart instructs me.
I have set the Lord always before me.
Because He is at my right hand I will not be shaken.
Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices...
You have made known to me the path of life.
In your presence is fullness of joy;
at your right hand there are pleasures forever."
Psalms 16:7-11

Joy comes from God.
From being in His presence.
From listening to His counsel and trusting in His care.
Look at these verses, they tell us the source of joy.

Look at the word, even it illustrates the principle. Joy comes into us as we spend time in God's presence, fills our hearts, and is then flung out into the world - as if one hand is raised to God and the other outstretched to those around us.
At least that's what I saw...
Joy, then, to the world because God has come to us!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

There is a man named Don Casey

Friends

Safe