Banana Bread

This morning I made some banana bread and the whole house smells so very good!

The first step was to select the bananas. There were bananas in the bunch that were good for packing for the lunches today and then there were the bananas that were all soft and mushy and therefore perfect for my plan.

You'd be reluctant to peel one of these bananas and eat it outright because it doesn't look so great. It's lost it's resiliency and unblemished yellow skin. It has been beaten up a bit and it's not a brand new banana anymore; definitely not the prettiest banana in the bunch...but this is exactly the banana that I need to make something wonderful.

Do you ever feel that way? Like the old banana? The one that's sat in the fruit bowl too long or that went out in a lunch bag and came back bruised? You've not found your purpose or you've gone out there and come back the worse for wear?

I was encouraged today that the bananas I needed were not the ones that were the most obviously desirable...I had a plan and I needed those older battered bananas; and if that were true for me and bananas...

Is it hard to imagine that God could have a plan to redeem bruised lives for a greater purpose He has in mind?

Is it?





Best Ever Banana Bread (bet you'll agree after you try it!)
2 ripe bananas, mashed
2 eggs
1 1/3 cups flour
1/4 cup sour cream or yougart
1 T. milk
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 c vegetable oil
1 tsp. vanilla

Preheat oven to 325. Mix all ingredients together until well blended. Pour into a 9x5 loaf pan and bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes.

Comments

Paula said…
I have never felt so good about being an over ripe banana. You are an amazing writer! I know I've told you that before, but it's true. You find insight in what the rest of us see as ordinary. I look forward to reading your blog...and now...waiting for a slice of that bread. I'll make the coffee.

Popular posts from this blog

There is a man named Don Casey

Friends

Safe