Hey Gorgeous!

I am never more beautiful then when I am in downtown Chicago.

Why just yesterday the guy in line with me at McDonald's, addressed me as "Gorgeous"! (and then asked for a quarter...) And then there was Lester Cherry, the StreetWise vendor, who last week told me that I,"Beautiful", made him look good by standing there talking to him.

Bring on the paparazzi - I'll allow you to take my picture now!!

Funny, when I think I look good I'm invisible and when I'm stressed out and schlepping around in a crowd, I'm irresistible.

Sadly I'm only gorgeous when someone wants something from me; it's comical actually to see how quickly I become beautiful or brilliant when someone is trying to sell me something - suddenly I am the most desirable person on the planet! Until I say "no" and then, well then, not so much!

But there is One who doesn't try to con me by calling me "Beautiful" or "Gorgeous", instead He calls me by my name.

Now I did a random Goggle search for my maiden name and discovered that there is a evangelist who runs Jesus boot camps(?), a singer, a voice over actor, a partner in a law firm, and (my favorite)one who was the 1990 Miss Teen Texas with whom I share the same name!

So when God calls my name He's calling some pretty impressive people...right?

But not only is God is calling my name but He is also calling ME.

The One who knows all about me - the good, the bad, and the ugly - still calls to me saying "I have called you by your name for you are mine." (Isaiah 43:1) and then, even after He calls He continues to speak deep in my heart that I am His child. (Romans 8:16) HIS!

And that is far better than being called "Gorgeous" any day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

There is a man named Don Casey

Friends

Safe