What do you do when there is nothing you can do?

“My soul clings to you; Your strong right arm holds me securely” Psalms 63:8 ESV/NLT

When the situation is fiery. Desperate. Unmanageable. Inescapable. What do you do?

“My soul clings to you”

No matter how independent, strong, and capable we are there are always those times: times when we’re unable to effect necessary change.

What do you do?
Cry “help”.

The eyes of the LORD watch over those who do right; His ears are open to their cries for help Psalms 34:15 NLT

Peter started off confident and then he was, literally, in over his head and the Bible tells us that his response was “Lord, save me!" Matthew 13:40

Nothing flowery, no bulleted list of needs and suggested solutions, just a desperate cry for help.

Do you realize the trust contained in a cry for help?
“Help! I am powerless and I am totally dependent on your strength to save me. I can do nothing but am relying on you to do everything.”

“Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. Acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths" Proverbs 3:5,6

What does it mean to trust?

“My soul clings to you”

And what is the response to such trust?

“Your strong right arm holds me securely.”  

Comments

Kathleen said…
Becky, I am so happy that I found your blog. Your words are, indeed, encouraging and I have enjoyed reading your (very well written) posts. I did notice, tho, that on the section "How To Know God", there is an incorrect scripture reference for "I am the way, the truth and the life...." It should read John 14:6. I see that you just copied the John 1:12 reference twice. I am praying that the Lord will lead others to your pages!

Popular posts from this blog

A Letter to Carol Gallowitch, and Sunday School teachers everywhere

There is a man named Don Casey

Safe