"I want to marry my chiropractor..."

so began my friend whose wedding I stood up in twenty years ago.

“Um, WHAT?!”

"It's nothing personal I mean, I just LOVE the way he makes me feel..."

Ah! This I understood having felt the same way for over ten years about my own chiropractor! You come in broken and in need of help with no way of denying it. They put their  knowledgeable healing hands on you  and take away your pain. What's not to love?

To come broken and not be scorned.
To enter hurt and exit healed.
To be cared for when there is nothing you can do to take care of yourself.

How does that make one feel?
Worthwhile
Hopeful
Cared for
Redeemable

But... just don't forget to write out that check before you leave!!

But what of One who meets us in our brokenness, who asks not payment as He himself paid to be able to care for us?
"But He was wounded for our transgressions; He was crushed for our iniquities; upon Him was the chastisement that brought us peace, and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5 ESV

What of the One who invites us to come to Him with our needs who knows us intimately?
“O Lord, you have examined my heart and know everything about me.” Psalms 139:1 NLT

“The Lord is like a father to His children, tender and compassionate to those who fear Him. For He understands how weak we are; He knows we are only dust…but the love of the Lord remains forever” Psalms 103:14, 15, 17 NLT

He sees what is troubling us.
"O Lord, all my longing is before you; my sighing is not hidden from you.” Psalms 38:9 ESV

He is Jehovah –Rapha, the one who heals
For I am the Lord, your healer.” Exodus 15:26 ESV

How does it feel to come to One who knows your every need, every broken place, every weakness and who has the ability to heal; to redeem what is broken, to create wholeness out of that which is shattered?

To know that “The Lord hears his people when they call to him for help.
He rescues them from all their troubles.
The Lord is near to the brokenhearted;
and saves the crushed in spirit.” Psalms 34:17,18 NLT

How does that make you feel?

Do you realize you are
Precious

Cared for

Redeemable

Of great value

Cherished

Always covered by His faithful attention and love.

“You lay Your hand upon me.
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too great for me to know!” Psalms 139:5,6

And this One is not available for the occasional visit to His office but is right outside your door,(Rev. 3:20) knocking, waiting, wanting to come in and be with you, always- continually; until one day He will bring you to spend eternity in His home.

Why do we hesitate?
What more could we ask for?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

There is a man named Don Casey

Friends

Safe