Omelets and God's timing

Omelets are not for the hasty.

Now once they get to that certain point you have to be swift in adding the filling ingredients but the expertise of omelet cooking consists in knowing just when the eggs are cohesive enough to flip.
Do it too early and you'll have scrambled eggs.
Too late and you'll have an overcooked breakfast dish.

I tend to err on the side of too early. It looks ready. It seems like it's been on the flame long enough to set up well. Carefully I slide my spatula under, loosening up all the edges and then, spatula and pan in tandem I flip it over......

And I usually end up eating scrambled eggs with cheese instead of a cheese omelet...

God knows how to make an "omelet".
He understands exactly the timing to produce what He is forming - in us.

I am quick to say "I'm  ready! Get me off this flame! I've learned what I need to! I'm ready to move on! Your purposes have been accomplished - let's go!"
And then things get scrambled.

If ""For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD" (Isaiah 55:8) why do I think I understand God's timing?

"My times are in your hands; deliver me from my enemies and from those who pursue me." Psalms 31:15 NIV

My watch does not run according to celestial clocks. I want it now and even when I feel I've been patiently waiting my inquiry is like that of a child "Are we there yet?" after mere minutes have passed.

"How about  now?"
Two minutes later...
"Now???"

"But He knows the way that I take; When He has tested me, I shall come forth as gold". Job 23:10 NKJV

"Indeed, none who wait for you shall be put to shame" Psalms 25:3 ESV

I had to look up the word "shame" here just to see if it had any connection to the word scrambled...
It didn't but one of the meanings of shame here is "to be disappointed".  Those who wait on the Lord will not be disappointed because they waited.  Which sounds to me like I won't be settling for scrambled eggs when I was really desiring an omelet..

God is not ignorant of how long things have been going on in our lives. He knows the end game. He sees what it is that He is accomplishing in our souls by where we are in our lives.

God has a plan and a watch and, in His perfect timing, He will accomplish all He is making of you.
And that is His promise.

"And I am sure that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on that day when Christ Jesus comes back again." Phil. 1:6 NLT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

There is a man named Don Casey

Safe

Friends