Hope in a Grocery Cart

I was just running in for juice boxes...

(Yep, you know the rest of the story!)

And I came out with a cart full!
(Don't even pretend you don't do the same thing all the time too...)

As I was loading my groceries into the car I was struck by how diverse they were and what they represent:

A big box of strawberries
- not too ridiculously priced and such a welcome treat in the middle of winter!

Individual bottles of juice instead of more drink pouches
- in hopes that we can all drink a little less sugar

Snacks
- The Superbowl is around the corner and I need to be ready for the "big party" (even though it's just us)

Cardstock and glue
- Valentine's Day projects are coming and I need to be prepared so my kids can have what they need.

Individually wrapped Muffins
- the stockpile of pastries in my Sunday School room is down to one package


Some new clothes
- because they're on winter clearance even though they're basic wardrobe pieces
(you've got to love that!)


A new exercise DVD
- hopefully I've found something to get me moving so the next time I buy clothes...
(in spite of the snacks and muffins!)


Clorox wipes in decorative containers
- Anything that makes housework easier and more "fun" is in my cart!


What a list!
In one cart were provisions for crafts, entertainment, health, personal enrichment, and household management and all this in less than an hour of shopping.

To you who run a household; it's amazing what you do and how something as simple as a trip to the store can reflect all the hopes you hold for your family.

(even if you get home and realize you forgot to get milk!!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Letter to Carol Gallowitch, and Sunday School teachers everywhere

There is a man named Don Casey

Safe