All the mornings after

It's the morning after Easter and there is scattered evidence of it...plastic egg halves, jelly beans, chocolate bunnies, and dress shoes in the middle of the floor.

I wonder what this morning looked like in Jerusalem two thousand years ago?
I imagine there were lots of conversations and excitement and repeated confirmation.
"Tell us again Mary, what happened when you reached the tomb?"
"When did you two know it was Jesus who was walking with you on your trip to Emmaus?"
"Are you sure it was Him? Could He really be alive?"

And then after the morning after, after many mornings after, I wonder if someone reviewing the story realized the four powerful words the angel had spoken after the pronouncement of "He is not here. He is risen just as He said." Matthew 28:6

Just as He said
Jesus had done what He had said He would do...

So now, two thousand years worth of morning after that glorious resurrection Sunday, we know that God does what He says; so what else has He said He will do?

I will never leave you. Hebrews 13:5
I will show you the best pathway for your life. I will advise you and watch over you. Psalm 32:8
I will make them children of God. John 1:12
I am with you always. Matthew 28:20
You will be my people and I will be your God. Jeremiah 30:32
You are mine. Isaiah 43:1
I will come again and receive you to myself that where I am there you will be also. John 14:3

These are the promises that we hold onto this morning after Easter for we are confident that, in all things, He will do just as He said

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

There is a man named Don Casey

Friends

Safe