When life is blurry

If you wear any type of  lenses  you'll know exactly what I mean when I say that today I've been attempting to operate in a very unusual world; one that is corrective lens free and consequently quite blurry.

Need proof? Check out the picture - this is how my computer screen looks at the moment and I am still squinting!

I couldn't find the backpacks or tell that it is raining outside. I had to hold the newspaper just a few inches from my nose to read what was being pointed out: because my sight is so limited my world is very very small.

I suspect you may know the feeling; when fine print blurs into an indistinguishable line as you "play trombone" adjusting your arm to find the right length to turn all that  blur into something understandable.

When you take your glasses off  you will find it is a great reminder of how limited our sight truly is; and I'm not speaking of corneas and retina length here but instead of the capabilities of our understanding.
Actually all of creation is seeing impaired.

We are not born with the ability to see life clearly; all of us are terminally nearsighted.
God's Word tells us to "live by faith, not by sight". (2 Corinthians 5:7) 

Why can't we live life by what we can see?

Because we don't see clearly.
Without the corrective lens of faith we wander in a world of shapes and shadows, unable to see the big picture or the fine details. Everything is fuzzy and it's impossible to determine the reason for things.

But, when we are walking by faith, when we have put on the lens of faith through the principles of God's Word and then, and only then, can we truly see. Now we can understand that there is a big picture and that is to make us more like Christ and to bring glory to the God who has loved and redeemed us. (Romans 8;28,29) Then also are we able to perceive the small details of how God is continually working in our lives to draw us closer to Him. (Psalm 37:23

What is indistinguishable becomes clear and what is far off becomes near when seen through the lens of faith.

So may our cry echo in the gospels - "Lord I believe, help my unbelief!" Mark 9:24

Are things a bit blurry today? Are you wondering if there is a big picture or are you having trouble making out the details? There is the lens of God's Word available to bring everything into focus.

"Open my eyes to see the wonderful truths in your instructions." Psalm 119:18 so that I may truly "live by faith and not by sight"!

Comments

Unknown said…
So why can't we live by what we see? Because we don't see clearly. Wow! That's really good. Our vision is near sighted - we can only see what is right in front of us. I want to see the big picture through the lens of faith.

Popular posts from this blog

A Letter to Carol Gallowitch, and Sunday School teachers everywhere

There is a man named Don Casey

Friends