How much coffee does one girl need?

I have no business walking down a coffee aisle; and yet, here I am trolling for the Autumn Apple (it’s so yummy!) I have already amassed enough coffee to start my own coffee shop. Seriously. Yet I’m still looking for more, just in case…

I can’t imagine having only a single bag in the house. What if today I have a taste for Island Coconut and tomorrow I’m feeling more like Pumpkin Spice? What if tonight I’d like some coffee so I’d need to have some decaf on hand? Chocolate Raspberry is wonderful made into an iced coffee and a cup of Caramel Vanilla is like dessert! I’m never sure of what I’ll want so I aim to be prepared!

It’s absolutely ridiculous and reveals, to me, a deeper truth about myself.

“The Lord who made you and helps you says…Do not fear. For I will give you abundant water to quench your thirst…” Isaiah 44:2

For I will give you abundant water.

Why is it that I feel I have to meet my own needs; that I am responsible to stockpile supplies for every contingency life may bring when I have a promise such as this? When I do think that God is not sufficient to satisfy my heart?

“Every one of these depends on you to give them their food as they need it. When you supply it, they gather it. You open your hand to feed them, and they are satisfied.” Psalms 103:27,28

Is it not the most basic tenant of our faith that God will take care of us? Is not all of Scripture a series of testimony of how there was a need and God met it?

The Israelites were trapped by the Red Sea, God opened the waters. (Exodua 10)

The widow and her son were out of food, God provided jars of endless meal and oil. (I Kings 17)

Elijah needed a compelling demonstration of God’s power, God sent fire from heaven to consume the altar and the moat of water surrounding it. (I Kings 18)

A woman reached out in faith touching the hem of Jesus’ garment, God healed the disease in her body.(Matthew 9)

We are sinners, God provided a Savior. (Luke 19:10)

“But my God shall supply all your needs according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus” Philippians 4:19

All my needs.

Abundant water.

God is faithful to do what He has promised.

No worry or stockpiling necessary.

Comments

Unknown said…
Excellent post!

But I stockpile teas! :D

Popular posts from this blog

A Letter to Carol Gallowitch, and Sunday School teachers everywhere

There is a man named Don Casey

Safe