Derailed

My son was freaking out this morning.

“The early train is stuck at the station and my train is late! How am I going to get to school on time? Even if I run all the way from the train I’m going to be late!! I don’t even know where to go if I’m late!!! What if it doesn’t come at all? All these people are here and no one knows what to do…”

His plans had been derailed.

The way things should have been working, wasn’t.

His timetable was shattered.

Everything was up for grabs and no one had any answers.

What he didn’t know was that everything was under control. There were contingency plans in place for such an occurrence at the train station and at the school. Another plan was in place and everything was going to be just fine.

I told him that, repeatedly, but it wasn’t until he lived through it that he could realize I was right.

My Father tells me that although my plans have been derailed and although things aren’t happening according to my timetable, that there is a plan in place and everything will be as it should be.

I hear Him, but find it hard to believe, until I’ve walked through it and then looking back can see He was right all along.

We’ve lived through derailed plans before and we’ve seen, in retrospective, that God was in control the entire way. So the next time everything that’s been running so smoothly in our lives comes to a halt, may we remember that God has a plan and He is working it out in our lives.

“I cry out to God Most High, to God who will fulfill His purpose for me” Psalms 57:2


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

There is a man named Don Casey

Friends

Safe