Missing Socks


Why do I put 12 socks in the washer and only find 11 in the laundry basket?

What is going on in that dryer?!

Although I have a lot of experience with it, I hope there's a greater purpose to my life than playing matchmaker to single socks!

Today I decided to go on the offensive and, before they were tossed into their hot water bath, every pair of socks were pinned together.

We'll see if this just means they'll run off in pairs now or if this will save them from the Bermuda Triangle known as the dryer. They are bound together so maybe they just can't slip off into the great unknown...?

Do you think God was thinking about missing socks when he inspired the words of Deuteronomy 11: 18 " Fix these words of mine in your hearts and minds; tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads."?

There's a principle in there connecting that verse and my safety pinned socks.
What? You're asking aren't you? What could that possibly be?

I took some extra effort to keep my socks together, so that one would not disappear when they're tossed into a churning washer and the spinning dryer.

Oh, I have days that feel like that don't you?

I may find a word from the Lord in the morning but by the time I'm in the midst of life by 10 am that word has vanished from my mind - Swept away by all the commotion.

Perhaps in order to fix God's word on my mind and heart I first need to do something akin to binding it onto my hands and forehead. While an ancient Jew may have chosen a phylactery, I think I'll use a post-it note; on my fridge, or the car dashboard, or on my to-do list.

Who knows? I may end up with socks in pairs and a word from God I'll be able to keep in mind throughout the day and both would be a very good thing!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friends

Safe

Pregnant...