Follow the Leader

Like it or not, ready or not, summer vacation is over and a new school year has begun. (sigh)So last night we drove home and I am not a night person - at all! Just try talking to me after 9, or especially 10, and you'll understand perfectly!
So I'm driving and I'm sleepy even though I did not take the cold medicine which says you should not operate heavy machinery after taking...!

All the way I did just one thing - I followed my husband's tail lights. I didn't pay any attention to what road we were on or think about what exit was coming up next. I let him make the decisions and plan out the route; I just played followed the leader and he lead me all the way home.

"When a person's steps follow the Lord, God is pleased with his ways.
If he stumbles, he will not fall, because the Lord holds his hand." Psalms 37:23,24

Perhaps "follow the leader" is the key to life. We just follow the Lord without concern about the road we're on or what turn is coming next. Just keeping our eyes on Him, following as He leads. If we lose our balance a bit, or stumble at a sudden pothole, we will not fall flat on our faces because as we follow Him He also holds our hand.
What a promise - a guide to follow, a companion to keep us steady - the assurance that we can follow Him until we're safely home!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Letter to Carol Gallowitch, and Sunday School teachers everywhere

There is a man named Don Casey

Safe