What if today you were not alone?


"If Jesus Christ appeared in the flesh to you right this minute, I seriously doubt that you would care how your favorite football team can improve its offense.

I don’t think it would matter anymore whether you need to pick up a gallon of milk on the way home.

I don’t think you would be worried about how you would get that bill paid.

I think you would be captivated by His presence.

Awed by His magnificence.

Lost in the wonder of His love, and trembling in fear of His power and holiness." (Ovation blog - Andy Wood - Clearing out the mental clutter - September 20, 2010)

After I read these words I stopped to imagine such a scene - What if Jesus were to suddenly knock at my door and come in and sit on my couch?  How would His presence with me, in my space, impact my day? What would it be like if Jesus were here with me?

But the amazing thing is that, He is.
He is already in your house, on your couch, next to you while on the computer.
There's not a moment today where you are alone.
Not today, or actually ever.
We are always in the presence of God for He has promised "I will never leave you or forsake you" Hebrews 13:5.

I don't have to imagine what it would be like to have Christ show up at my door to day because He is already here with me and there with you. Nothing I do, or say, or encounter will be without His witness. No difficulty or disappointment will be experienced without his awareness.

Imagine if Jesus Christ appeared in the flesh to you right this minute...then open your eyes and realize that you don't have to imagine because He lives in you.

For this is the secret:
Christ lives in you,
and this is your assurance that you will share in his glory.
Colossians 1:27

Comments

Unknown said…
If Jesus tried to sit on my couch, he would be moving a lot of stuff on the floor to find a spot.

Popular posts from this blog

There is a man named Don Casey

Friends

Safe